Local Area Co-ordination for older people in Fife
- In November 2011, in partnership with NHS Fife, Fife Council and the Fife Elderly Forum 4 new Local Area Co-ordinators were employed
- The geographical area of Fife has been divided into 2 regional areas with 2 LAC's responsible for each area
- West Fife - Kirkcaldy to Kincardine - staff members Alison Wilson and Fiona Crowe
- East Fife - Glenrothes to Tayport - staff members Wayne Mathieson and Shirley Heeps.
We believe older people should be encouraged and supported to:
- Remain active and connected to their communities
- Retain their independence for as long as possible
- Continue contributing to their community and are valued equally by it
To support this we will work with older people, their families and carers, service providers and communities in an innovative and personalised manner with the aim of empowering individuals to overcome the challenges of identifying services and resources which support them to live as independently as possible within their homes and communities.
Further information and contact details can be found in the attached leaflet.
> LAC Client Info Leaflet
Referral information and application forms can be found below:
> Needs Model template